July 1, 2014

The making of "Home From The Mine" by Jonas Fine Art


This artwork was made with acrylic color on 300 gram paper. I was inspired by one of my favourite scenes from Walt Disney's "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs" where the dwarfs are marching home on a log bridge after a hard day's work in the mine and I chose to combine that iconic scene with the cottage of the seven dwarfs. I want people to recognize the famous scene but see it as a new extended scene that didn't exist in the movie. 
I also want my Scandinavian heritage to be seen through this since that's a part of me and also because the Swedish artist Gustaf Tenggren had a big part in visually developing Snow White with his concept art and unique style and has greatly influenced my style of art. I hope you can sense from this painting that wonderful feeling the dwarfs must have felt of putting their feet up after having a delicious supper and as the sun goes down are quite ready to fall asleep after a hard and satisfying day's work in the mine.
-Jonas of Sheaves

No comments:

Post a Comment