September 14, 2014

Lindsay of Sheaves: Summer Lookbook

Hello, Lindsay of Sheaves here! Presenting my first lookbook video consisting of 3 outfits that I liked to wear this summer. When I’m putting together an outfit I’m usually inspired by a mix of gothic, vintage, retro, and Neo-Victorian and always add my own flair to make it fun and unique to me! Below I’ve listed the items of each of the 3 outfits, if you fancied some of them you may be able to find it for yourself! *Warning: I buy a LOT of things on eBay because in Sweden it has been hard for me to find things in my style or for an affordable price* I hope you enjoy watching the lookbook video filmed at the beautiful Nynäs Slott in Sweden not too far from where we live. I want to say a BIG thank you to my wonderful husband for helping me film this. Don't forget to follow me on lookbook.nu/lindsayofsheaves for more fashion & outfits! 
Outfit 1: This outfit was Neo-Victorian inspired and I actually wore this outfit (though I changed a few things for the lookbook) when Jonas & I modeled on a paper moon for a Dappsy photo shoot

-DIY rose hair clips: I literally stuck hair clips on the back of these already clustered roses. Want to know a secret? They are actually supposed to be a decoration for candlesticks (very popular in Sweden and so easy to find at thrift stores) I loved the color and arrangement of these roses so much I thought I might turn them into a headband but they looked so nice as is! 
-Black lace parasol: Search for “lace parasol” on eBay
-Ruffle lace shirt: Thrifted 
-Victorian earrings: One of a kind from Etsy, these are actually the earrings I wore at my wedding!
-Silhouette necklace: This was a gift from my mom for Christmas, custom necklace from www.sweet-silhouette.com she can cut your silhouette for you or in our case we already had one done that was used for our wedding design including our invitations, so this is so special to me to have Jonas & my silhouettes in a beautiful necklace. 
-Antique chainmail purse: One of a kind that I bought on eBay yet again for my wedding (I think it’s so fun that I can reuse so many wonderful pieces that I wore at my wedding!) but if you search for antique chainmail purse on ebay you’ll b sure to find one similar. 
-Victorian boots: Search for Funtasma victorian boots on eBay and you’ll be sure to find them. I love these boots and wear them with almost every “fancy” outfit of mine because they are so comfortable, totally my style, and because they are the only kind of “heel” I can handle walking in all day!
-Sheer striped vertical tights: eBay





Outfit 2: This outfit was inspired more by my love of the vintage and retro style. 
-Brooch hair clip: www.etsy.com/shop/BonitaBellita
-Vintage necklace: From my Great Grandmother
-Sheer polka dot top: Fashion store in California
-Pencil skirt: Ross
-Victorian boots: Funtasma Victorian boots, told you I wore these a lot! 
Outfit 3: This outfit is my “casual summer gothic” look that’s so comfortable but still fun and cool in hot weather, cause you know us goth girls gotta wear our black no matter the temperature!
-DIY rose headband: I took roses I got at a thrift store and hot glued them to a headband, so simple!
-Neon orange nail polish: China Glaze “Orange Knockout (Neon)” is my signature color in the summer 
-Lace peplum top: Forever 21
-Black & white striped skirt: Ross
-Studded purse: Betseyville
-Studded sandals: The brand is Brash and I bought them at Payless
Which outfit did you like the best?!? Would you like to see me do more lookbook videos? Comment below! 
-Lindsay of Sheaves

1 comment:

  1. I am trying to reach Johna. He did some jack Olantern carving last year in California. I am with a new company here on the East Coast.
    williambywater@gmail.com
    914-213-9131

    ReplyDelete