November 19, 2014

Lindsay of Sheaves: Fall Lookbook

PLEASE NOTE: All of Lindsay's posts have been moved and updated on her new blog!
Hello there, Lindsay of Sheaves here! Autumn is my absolute favorite season and the best time of year to show off my gothy style (though to me everyday is Halloween!) so I'm very thrilled to be sharing my Fall lookbook video, photos, and outfit details! I want to say a huge thank you to my wonderful husband who helped me with this lookbook and I couldn't be more pleased with the 3 locations we found (Nynäs Slott, Stjärnholms Slott, & Runnviken) that fit each outfit so perfectly! If you fancied any of the items I wore you maybe be able to find it for yourself in the outfit details below! *Warning: I buy a lot of things on eBay because for me it has been hard to find clothing in my style or at an affordable price in Sweden* 

I hope you enjoyed watching my Fall lookbook video, would you like to see me do a winter one?

If you liked these outfits feel free to follow me on lookbook.nu/lindsayofsheaves for more outfits & fashion inspiration!
Outfit 1: I think this outfit came together quite nicely with my every present goth style mixed with some edgy Victorian influences but I think the autumn ivy behind me wins best dressed!
-Ruffle dress: Ross
-Bat earrings & necklace: I bought these ages ago during Halloween time
-Black & white vertical striped leggings: eBay
-Victorian boots: eBay (Funtasma)
Outfit 2: This look is simply but so perfect for fall because who doesn't love wearing plaid or gingham prints in the fall!
-Gingham dress: Thrifted-I really scored finding this dress and the best part is...POCKETS!
-Owl necklace: www.etsy.com/shop/SomethingInYourStyle
-Boots: Kohl's
 The expansion of leaves on this property is unreal, so beautiful!
Outfit 3: Personally, I think this is my favorite look and if you hadn't noticed already was inspired by miss Wednesday Addams herself!
-Wednesday Addams style dress: Forever 21
-Spider & flower hair clips: DIY (If anyone is interested I was thinking of selling some of these)
-Black & purple striped tights: A gift
-Bat necklace: I bought ages ago
-Spider bracelet: Claire's
-Pumpkin earrings: www.etsy.com/shop/FlaxandKite
-Victorian boots: Funtasma
-Jack-o'-lantern balloons: Optional
I know it's not fair to the other 2 outfits but look 3 got waaay more photos then the rest and that mostly due to the location. A fun little story about that...
 
My husband & I had tried to film this look but kept getting postponed because of the weather and I was getting frustrated because I wanted to film while the leaves were still around. Plus, we had already had our 1st snowfall and I was worried that I wouldn't be able to get that spooky feeling I wanted for this look even though the snow didn't stay on the ground long but it was getting into November. 
Well, we found out that a local Mansion/B&B/Spa was having a "ljusfest" and it sounded like a wonderful thing to do in cold, dark, rainy November to go to a craft fair in a greenhouse lit up with candles and fairylights. I thought this was our last chance to film this last outfit to complete the lookbook and I looked online to find photos of the location but it was really hard to get an idea of what it looked like there. 
When we arrived at Runnviken I couldn't have been more surprised to find that it was absolutely PERFECT for my Wednesday Addams inspired outfit! There were leaves all spread about the ground, bare trees on a long driveway, twisted vines all along the staircase up to the mansion, creepy statues in the garden, a Victorian bird cage nestled in a bush, and even a a spooky secret entrance into the mansion (that I didn't dare continue into!).  
The more we explored the grounds the more I couldn't believe how blessed we were to find this totally Addams Family-esque mansion and it's the little magical moments like that in life that I don't want to take for granted but cherish them since for me it's these kinds of moments that add up to a lifetime of adventure!
Which was your favorite outfit, comment below! I'd love to hear what you think!
 -Lindsay of Sheaves

No comments:

Post a Comment